Having finished our series of Bible study discussions led by Eddie Sykes on characters in the Book of Acts (the notes are still available via this link), and enjoyed a six-week break, we are starting once more on Thursday 24 September, this time meeting fortnightly, and studying the Book of Esther.
Each Zoom meeting starts at 10:30am, includes a time of sharing at the beginning, and finishes at about 11:40am. The meeting details are the same as in July. If you don’t have these, or are new to the study group, please email Eddie at ku.gro.tsidohtemhtysornull@retsinim for an access code.
The topics for each session are given in this linked poster. As before, Eddie will be producing notes on the topic ahead of each session, and these will be linked at the end of this post as they are published.
We warmly invite you to join us on Thursdays this Autumn, even if you have not done so before. Previous Bible knowledge is not a requirement, just a desire to learn and enjoy the on-line fellowship.
- 24 September – Parties, Politics and Power (Esther 1:1–2:4) (notes at this link)
- 8 October – Personnel, Programs – and Pogroms (Esther 2:5–3:15) (notes at this link)
- 22 October – Such a Time as This (Esther 4:1–5:8) (notes at this link)
- 5 November – Plots, Parades and Providence (Esther 5:9–6:14)
- 19 November – Counterplots and Counter-edicts (Esther 7:1–8:17)
- 5 December – Duelling Degrees and Purim Parties (Esther 9:1–10:3)